16 oz lasagna noodles
1 lb 80/20 ground chuck
1 tbspn oregano
1 tbspn basil
1 tbspn thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
3 (240z) cans Hunts Garlic Herb and Tomato Basil sauce
15 oz ricotta
24 oz cottage cheese
3 oz shredded parmesan cheese
1 sweet onion diced
8 cloves minced garlic
1. Preheat oven 375 F
2. Boil Lasagna noodles in large stock pot, adding oil and salt. Cook for recommended time on the box.
3. In a large skillet on medium high heat cook ground chuck and ground Italian sausage. You can add your favorite Italian seasonings.
4. Mince 6-8 garlic cloves, a whole sweet onion and add to the skillet with the meat
When meat is completely cooked remove the mixture and place to the side.
5. Start layering ingredients in extra deep 9x13 Pyrex by pouring sauce as the first layer, just enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
6. Layer the lasagna noodles (3-4) slightly overlapping.
7. Add more sauce on top of noodles
8. Add a thin layer of ground meat mixture
9. Add a layer of cottage cheese and ricotta cheese
10. Add a layer of finely shredded Italian cheese blend and parmesan
11. Repeat steps of adding layers, starting again with the lasagna noodles
12. Top it off with shredded cheeses and Italian seasonings
13. Bake for one hour
14. Let cool, cut, serve!